To promote and disseminate learning, experience and best practice in aged care service design, development, provision and assurance throughout the Commonwealth with the purpose of improving the quality of life for older citizens in Commonwealth countries, in particular by:
- Effecting close links between members of the Aged Care sectors in Commonwealth countries and facilitating professional contacts between providers, governments, suppliers to the sector, academic institutions and students.
- Encouraging the creation of national professional Aged Care service associations in Commonwealth countries where none exist.
- Fostering high standards of professional education in Aged Care services.
- Promoting high standards of professional conduct amongst providers
- Fostering high standards of practice in all areas of Aged Care including retirement housing, residential care, nursing care, assisted living, community care, dementia care, allied health services, palliative and end of life care.
- Holding and supporting international conferences.
- Facilitating the dissemination of knowledge and information about housing and services for the ageing.
- Fostering high standards of quality in service delivery, wherever appropriate by professional means, and to that end encouraging suitable regulatory legislation and its implementation in member nations.
- Promoting and supporting staff exchanges between providers and facilitating the migration of professional Aged Care staff between member countries.
- Supporting the development of common Aged Care and housing qualification standards throughout Commonwealth member states.
- Liaising and building partnerships with similar associations or allied health professional groups such as the IFA and IAHSA within and outside the Commonwealth to assist in attaining the aforementioned objectives.