Building on the extensive experience within the IFA and IAHSA and within national chapter organisations, we have a number of collaborative programmes:
- Advocacy for older people within and between member nations
Through our programmes, speaking at international conferences and events, and our ever expanding networks, we are working to advance the interests of older people throughout the Commonwealth by building capability and capacity in health and care service.
- Study tours
Through our partner SAGE executive study tours, we periodically offer study tours to different countries. SAGE executive study tours provide unique opportunities for executives to travel internationally and study retirement living, aged care, and seniors care and services. It also offer some great networking opportunities too. If there is a particular focus or a country you’d like to visit, click here to let Sage know your requirements and through its global contacts, it will organise a tailor-made study tour for your organisation anywhere in the world.
- Information sharing through websites, electronic newsletters, social networking
- Access to international conferences through funded conference and travel bursaries
Thanks to the generosity of our various international supporters, we are able to periodically offer scholarships to enable our professional colleagues from developing countries of the Commonwealth to join us at global conferences.
Click here for details of our 2015 scholarship
Click here for details of our 2017 scholarship
- Participation in leading and innovative aged care research activity
The Oxford Institute of Population Ageing has been commissioned to carry out research on “Ageing in the Commonwealth” to be presented to Commonwealth Heads of Gov’t Meeting (CHOGM) in UK in 2018. Click here for more details.
Future programmes may include:
- Training and professional development of the aged care workforce.
- Staff exchanges between provider organisations.
- Leadership and management development programmes.
- International mentoring for managers and leaders.
- International twinning between member organisations.
- Development of internationally recognised service quality standards and an international Quality Assurance and validation scheme.
- International consultancy to support service design, development and improvement.
- Facilitation of workforce migration between member states.
- International business partnerships for the Aged Care service industries.